Our city is crying out for change. We need a city council that works, with clear purpose and strong leadership to make sure that basic services residents rely on are delivered.
We need a council that works for you and your neighbourhood, that works for you and your family, that works for you and your business. We need a council that works with the public, private and voluntary sectors to build a better Brighton and Hove together.
We need a council that delivers secure and well paid jobs, new and excellent schools, and many more truly affordable homes.
We need a council that works for every resident in every part of the city, from Portslade to Patcham, Hangleton to Saltdean, Westbourne to Moulsecoomb, not just the city centre.
The Greens have let the city down, and have proven they are not up to the job. No other party is offering the credible and sensible plan that we are setting out in our manifesto today.
Even in these challenging financial times for local councils, there is so much we can do if given the chance, and Labour has a strong and capable team ready to get to work for the city.
Vote us in on May 7th and Labour will deliver a council that works for you.
- Ensuring cleaner streets, better recycling and a reliable refuse collection service.
- Suspending and reviewing the traffic schemes started by the Greens, and returning to a more sensible and better managed approach to transport planning.
- Ending youth unemployment in the city within four years.
- Building at least 500 new council homes by 2019.
- Delivering new rights for tenants and proper regulation of landlords.
- Tackling poverty and inequality through a Fairness Commission.
You can read our full manifesto online here: A City That Works For You
If you want to help us win in May and deliver this manifesto, visit our website.